#aerogear Meeting

Meeting started by qmx at 13:32:12 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. adminstrivia (qmx, 13:32:55)
    1. I have some special tasks to share with y'all - docs and showcase-app related (qmx, 13:33:42)
    2. for our sanity, let's make sure of running mvn java-formatter-format on all the java projects before committing stuff (qmx, 13:34:34)

  2. site updates (qmx, 13:35:14)
    1. master is de-embargoed - push freeely ;) (qmx, 13:35:42)
    2. still waiting for news about that design PR (qmx, 13:36:04)

  3. Unified Push (qmx, 13:36:17)
    1. ACTION: hbons provide feedback on restyle pr (abstractj, 13:36:45)
    2. AGREED: (qmx, 13:37:14)
    3. ACTION: close that PR and start another discussion on the ML (qmx, 13:37:28)
    4. making TEST(DEVELOPMENT) and PRODUCTION/DISTRIBUTE certs available on the iOS variant (abstractj, 13:38:07)
    5. my PR was some issue - closed it. Local test case (Junit) works - will get at it later this week (matzew, 13:38:12)
    6. Refactorings of the (server side) Sender API code (matzew, 13:38:31)
    7. https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unified-push-server/pull/31 (matzew, 13:38:36)
    8. https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unified-push-server/pull/31 (matzew, 13:38:39)
    9. ACTION: sblanc will review this PR (sblanc, 13:38:52)
    10. based on that PR…. Adding new query arguments (for variantID and category), as discussed on ML last week (matzew, 13:38:54)
    11. Integration testing: Let's use Java, instead of Groovy/Spock or what ever. Lowers the bar for new contributors (matzew, 13:39:14)
    12. AGREED: (qmx, 13:39:20)
    13. IDEA: let's keep this discussion on the ML as there already a lot of arguments on both sides (sblanc, 13:39:43)
    14. IDEA: we can use any framework - but language is a no-go (qmx, 13:39:52)
    15. - I am happy to help merging/porting over to vanilla Java, after the August community release. (matzew, 13:39:57)
    16. I feel this is more mailing list - but I strongly would recommend sticking with one language for the tests, in that REPO (matzew, 13:40:23)
    17. Admin UI - JIRA's to track section CRUDS (lholmquist, 13:41:47)
    18. https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-172 (lholmquist, 13:41:47)
    19. https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-173 (lholmquist, 13:41:47)
    20. https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-174 (lholmquist, 13:41:49)
    21. Sebi helping with the Management UI (lholmquist, 13:41:51)

  4. SimplePush (qmx, 13:42:12)
    1. Getting help from OpenShift team to investigate WebSocket issue (dbevenius, 13:42:18)

  5. Java Sender API (qmx, 13:43:15)
    1. Moved to "old school" HttpUrlConnection (sblanc, 13:43:17)
    2. Fluent API work starting this week (sblanc, 13:43:54)
    3. Documentation work starting this week (sblanc, 13:44:27)
    4. prodoctor renaming : aerodoc (sblanc, 13:45:14)
    5. quickstart doesn't compile and we're skipping our CI :) (abstractj, 13:45:42)
    6. fixed here https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-push-quickstart-backend/pull/4 (abstractj, 13:46:14)
    7. I missed that in administrivia - this thing is broken for 20 days - not happy (qmx, 13:46:18)
    8. ACTION: I will take a look into that (sblanc, 13:47:41)

  6. AeroDoc (qmx, 13:48:54)
    1. prodoctor renaming to aeroDoc , PRs are ready (sblanc, 13:48:56)
    2. Working to end definitely the android client. Fixing some problems, polishing the code / interface and updating to work with the master (using HTTP Basic) (passos, 13:49:07)
    3. Moved SimplePush client to its own repo (sblanc, 13:49:11)
    4. Android client has been renamed aerodoc (passos, 13:50:06)
    5. Document Polishing TBD  (sblanc, 13:50:10)
    6. https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGDROID-53 (passos, 13:50:48)
    7. ACTION: corinnekrych will take action to rename iOs client (sblanc, 13:51:35)

  7. JS (qmx, 13:52:41)
    1. this week will be focused on testing/syncing SimplePush with the Mozilla spec (kborchers, 13:53:41)
    2. https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGJS-52 (kborchers, 13:54:06)
    3. matzew will file JIRAs from the weekend playings (matzew, 13:54:08)
    4. ACTION: matzew will file JIRAs from the weekend playings (matzew, 13:54:26)
    5. build fails pretty much every time now due to integration tests failing (kborchers, 13:55:43)
    6. ACTION: kborchers to file JIRA to add a flag to the build for integration tests (kborchers, 13:56:35)

  8. Android (qmx, 13:58:21)
    1. ACTION: summersp update multipart PR about matzew sugestions (passos, 13:58:37)
    2. ACTION: abstractj review multipart PR after summersp update this (passos, 13:58:37)
    3. multipart PR is ok for me (passos, 13:58:40)
    4. 1.1.0 release planned to next Tuesday (passos, 13:58:41)
    5. Dallas preso was a success! (qmx, 14:01:14)
    6. ACTION: host a Dallas Hangout for people who want to attend (summersp, 14:01:39)
    7. AGREED: (qmx, 14:01:54)
    8. ACTION: summersp file jiras based on Dallas feedback (abstractj, 14:02:04)

  9. iOS (qmx, 14:02:39)
    1. minor updates to doc and SDK/demos (e.g. reflecting the naming) (matzew, 14:02:43)
    2. minor updates to doc and SDK/demos (e.g. reflecting the naming of the spec ) (matzew, 14:02:49)
    3. nothing really special - push bits are ready (besides the little renaming) and just a small thing is missing for the 1.2.0 (matzew, 14:03:34)
    4. "overhaul" on Store (could be done for the Offline / Data sync release as well) (matzew, 14:03:51)

  10. integration tests (qmx, 14:04:28)
    1. register push app CRUD covered (corinnekrych, 14:05:27)
    2. UTF-8 and mobile variants CRUD covered (corinnekrych, 14:05:49)
    3. ACTION: qmx will take care of wrapping the integration-tests-by-default discussion on the ML (qmx, 14:09:38)
    4. we created a simple app for android (iOS upcoming) to run integration test part of unified server push on clients as well (kpiwko, 14:11:34)

  11. QE (qmx, 14:13:35)
    1. Arquillian Android goodies (kpiwko, 14:13:44)
    2. logcat support in Droidium (kpiwko, 14:14:05)
    3. info about configuration/features https://github.com/arquillian/arquillian-droidium/tree/master/droidium-container#logcat-logging-configuration (tkriz, 14:14:49)

  12. misc (qmx, 14:16:17)
    1. Luke at Phone Gap Day this week - Wednesday to Friday (lholmquist, 14:16:28)
    2. qmx is sorry about ruining the meeting by trying to go too fast - lesson learned (qmx, 14:16:35)
    3. kborchers gave a good idea for controlling the flow - the topic owner kicks the next topic (qmx, 14:17:09)
    4. for this to happen I need to make everyone chair before the meeting starts ;) (qmx, 14:17:44)


Meeting ended at 14:18:29 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. hbons provide feedback on restyle pr
  2. close that PR and start another discussion on the ML
  3. sblanc will review this PR
  4. I will take a look into that
  5. corinnekrych will take action to rename iOs client
  6. matzew will file JIRAs from the weekend playings
  7. kborchers to file JIRA to add a flag to the build for integration tests
  8. summersp update multipart PR about matzew sugestions
  9. abstractj review multipart PR after summersp update this
  10. host a Dallas Hangout for people who want to attend
  11. summersp file jiras based on Dallas feedback
  12. qmx will take care of wrapping the integration-tests-by-default discussion on the ML


Action items, by person

  1. abstractj
    1. abstractj review multipart PR after summersp update this
  2. corinnekrych
    1. corinnekrych will take action to rename iOs client
  3. kborchers
    1. kborchers to file JIRA to add a flag to the build for integration tests
  4. matzew
    1. matzew will file JIRAs from the weekend playings
    2. summersp update multipart PR about matzew sugestions
  5. qmx
    1. qmx will take care of wrapping the integration-tests-by-default discussion on the ML
  6. sblanc
    1. sblanc will review this PR
  7. summersp
    1. summersp update multipart PR about matzew sugestions
    2. abstractj review multipart PR after summersp update this
    3. summersp file jiras based on Dallas feedback
  8. UNASSIGNED
    1. hbons provide feedback on restyle pr
    2. close that PR and start another discussion on the ML
    3. I will take a look into that
    4. host a Dallas Hangout for people who want to attend


People present (lines said)

  1. matzew (84)
  2. qmx (78)
  3. sblanc (31)
  4. abstractj (24)
  5. kpiwko (22)
  6. kborchers (22)
  7. summersp (20)
  8. corinnekrych (15)
  9. passos (14)
  10. lholmquist (13)
  11. dbevenius (8)
  12. jbossbot (8)
  13. aerobot (5)
  14. tkriz (3)
  15. cvasilak (2)
  16. jbott (2)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.