14:10:30 <dbevenius> #startmeeting
14:10:30 <jbott> Meeting started Mon Aug 25 14:10:30 2014 UTC.  The chair is dbevenius. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:10:30 <jbott> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:10:30 <dbevenius> #chair dbevenius corinnekrych lholmquist abstractj passos sblanc lholmquist summersp edewit lfryc qmx matzew avibelli
14:10:30 <jbott> Current chairs: abstractj avibelli corinnekrych dbevenius edewit lfryc lholmquist matzew passos qmx sblanc summersp
14:10:30 <dbevenius> #meetingtopic AeroGear Team Meeting
14:10:31 <jbossbot> Title:3 MeetBot - Debian Wiki
14:10:31 <dbevenius> #addtopic DataSync
14:10:34 <dbevenius> #addtopic Android
14:10:36 <dbevenius> #addtopic ios
14:10:38 <dbevenius> #addtopic JS
14:10:40 <dbevenius> #addtopic UPS
14:10:41 <dbevenius> #nexttopic
14:10:41 <jbott> #topic DataSync
14:10:44 <dbevenius> #topic DataSync
14:10:46 <dbevenius> #info Started ML thread for suggested roadmap
14:10:48 <dbevenius> #link http://aerogear-dev.1069024.n5.nabble.com/aerogear-dev-Suggestion-for-DataSync-roadmap-td9006.html
14:10:48 <jbossbot> Title:3 aerogear-dev - [aerogear-dev] Suggestion for DataSync roadmap
14:10:50 <dbevenius> #nexttopic
14:10:50 <jbott> #topic Android
14:10:52 <dbevenius> #topic Android
14:10:52 <passos> #info Integration tests are being added to modules
14:10:53 <passos> #link http://aerogear-dev.1069024.n5.nabble.com/aerogear-dev-Android-integration-tests-and-modules-td8928.html
14:10:53 <passos> #info integration tests added
14:10:53 <passos> #link https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android-store
14:10:53 <passos> #link https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android-authz
14:10:53 <jbossbot> Title:3 aerogear-dev - [aerogear-dev] Android integration tests and modules
14:10:54 <passos> #info Push module 1.0.0 is in Central
14:10:54 <dbevenius> #info Integration tests are being added to modules
14:10:55 <passos> #link http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.jboss.aerogear%7Caerogear-android-push%7C1.0.0%7Capklib
14:10:55 <jbossbot> Title:3 The Central Repository Search Engine
14:10:56 <dbevenius> #link http://aerogear-dev.1069024.n5.nabble.com/aerogear-dev-Android-integration-tests-and-modules-td8928.html
14:10:56 <passos> #info We are planning move all demo apps to cookbook repo, like that...
14:10:56 <jbossbot> Title:3 aerogear-dev - [aerogear-dev] Android integration tests and modules
14:10:57 <passos> #link https://github.com/danielpassos/aerogear-crypto-android-demo/tree/2.0
14:10:57 <dbevenius> #info integration tests added
14:10:58 <passos> #info and extract the cookbook example in a new apps like that....
14:10:59 <passos> #link https://github.com/danielpassos/aerogear-android-cookbook/tree/2.0
14:10:59 <dbevenius> #link https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android-store
14:11:02 <dbevenius> #link https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android-authz
14:11:02 <passos> #nexttopic
14:11:02 <jbott> #topic ios
14:11:04 <dbevenius> #info Push module 1.0.0 is in Central
14:11:06 <dbevenius> #link http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.jboss.aerogear%7Caerogear-android-push%7C1.0.0%7Capklib
14:11:06 <jbossbot> Title:3 The Central Repository Search Engine
14:11:08 <dbevenius> #info We are planing to move all demo apps to cookbook repo like that...
14:11:10 <dbevenius> #link https://github.com/danielpassos/aerogear-crypto-android-demo/tree/2.0
14:11:12 <dbevenius> #info and extract the cookbook example in a new apps like that....
14:11:13 <dbevenius> #link https://github.com/danielpassos/aerogear-android-cookbook/tree/2.0
14:11:16 <dbevenius> #topic ios
14:11:18 <dbevenius> #info Swift version of HelloWorld and Quickstart merged
14:11:20 <dbevenius> #info aerogear-ios-http and aerogear-ios-httpstub are new repos in aerogear organization
14:11:22 <dbevenius> #info all Swift code updated for beta6
14:11:24 <dbevenius> #info September release scope defined in last ios meeting, main focus: http, object serialization, oauth2
14:11:26 <dbevenius> #link http://transcripts.jboss.org/meeting/irc.freenode.org/aerogear/2014/aerogear.2014-08-22-12.00.txt
14:11:26 <lfryc> this will overheat jbott :-)
14:11:28 <dbevenius> #nexttopic
14:11:28 <jbott> #topic JS
14:11:33 <dbevenius> alright that did not make things better. Sorry guys
14:11:36 <qmx> back on track
14:11:38 <qmx> :)
14:11:40 <lholmquist> #info 1.5.2 has been tagged/released
14:11:41 <lholmquist> #link https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-js/releases/latest
14:11:41 <lholmquist> #action lholmquist send this to the ML
14:12:02 <lfryc> lholmquist++
14:12:02 <aerobot> lholmquist gained a level! (Karma: 232)
14:12:16 <lholmquist> #nexttopic
14:12:16 <jbott> #topic UPS
14:12:21 <matzew> #info UPS 1.0.0 release is under testing
14:12:21 <matzew> #link http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/aerogear-dev/2014-August/008875.html
14:12:21 <matzew> #info edewit finished testing, corinnekrych and tkriz are the other testers nominated
14:12:22 <jbossbot> Title:3 [aerogear-dev] [Vote] Release of UPS 1.0.0.Final
14:12:32 <matzew> #info UPS Openshift cartridges
14:12:32 <matzew> #info UPS-AS7 update under review
14:12:32 <matzew> #link https://github.com/aerogear/openshift-origin-cartridge-aerogear-push/pull/23
14:12:32 <matzew> #info work on WildFly-8.1 cartridge
14:12:32 <matzew> #link https://github.com/aerogear/openshift-origin-cartridge-aerogear-push-wildfly
14:12:32 <jbossbot> git pull req [12openshift-origin-cartridge-aerogear-push] (7open) 6matzew 1.0.0.Final of UnifiedPush Server + deleting old versions11 https://github.com/aerogear/openshift-origin-cartridge-aerogear-push/pull/23
14:12:54 <matzew> thoughts ?
14:13:18 <abstractj> nope
14:13:19 <dbevenius> nopes looks good
14:13:21 <lholmquist> team++
14:13:22 <aerobot> team gained a level! (Karma: 40)
14:13:24 <matzew> #nexttopic
14:13:24 <jbott> No next topic. Use #addtopic to add topics.
14:13:37 <matzew> #addtopic Misc
14:13:39 <matzew> #nexttopic
14:13:39 <jbott> #topic Misc
14:13:53 <abstractj> #info with 1.0 approaching some definition of how to properly merge/rebase new features or pull requests might be necessary
14:13:54 <abstractj> #info for example: branch 1.0.0, branch 1.0.1...
14:13:54 <abstractj> #info New pull requests must be merged to master?
14:13:54 <abstractj> #info What must be in to the further releases like 1.0.1
14:13:54 <abstractj> #info abstractj thinks that such definition is important to avoid confusion.
14:13:58 <matzew> regarding "New pull requests must be merged to master?", I think nope (in terms of MUST)
14:13:58 <matzew> sometimes a fix might be specific to a branch - this info however needs to be available on the PR desc (and of course the linked JIRA should contain details too)
14:14:05 <matzew> regarding "What must be in to the further releases like 1.0.1", mainly fixes, and driven by roadmap/jiras
14:14:13 <matzew> Generally, fixes to go into 1.0.x should be merged (if possiblbe) to master as well (e.g. critical fix, that is not version specific)
14:14:21 <matzew> I think a general def. may be hard, it's a case-by-case. but mostly fixes from 1.0.x should go to master. While new features on master should not go to 1.0.x
14:14:34 <abstractj> matzew IMO it must be clear to everybody, otherwise get ready for wrong merges and rebases
14:14:37 <matzew> s/should go to master/should go to master, IF possible
14:14:42 <matzew> abstractj yep
14:14:51 <matzew> no doubt
14:14:56 <lholmquist> abstractj: matzew this sounds like a great ML topic  :)
14:14:58 <passos> I think it is a good discussion to do on ML
14:15:08 <passos> lholmquist++
14:15:09 <aerobot> lholmquist gained a level! (Karma: 233)
14:15:16 <matzew> but let's say if 1.0.1 has bug on JavaEE 6 spec - while master is on JavaEE7, hard to merge that
14:15:17 <corinnekrych> #agreed upon ML theard
14:15:18 <abstractj> lholmquist bringing it here, before move to the mailing list to see if that does make sense ;)
14:15:19 <qmx> lholmquist++
14:15:19 <aerobot> lholmquist gained a level! (Karma: 234)
14:15:24 <matzew> I think bugs/jrias and roadmaps are king here
14:15:25 <qmx> abstractj++
14:15:25 <aerobot> abstractj gained a level! (Karma: 397)
14:15:49 <matzew> in JIRA we can lable multiple fix/versions
14:15:49 <lholmquist> abstractj: sure,  i think it is something that does make sense
14:15:54 <matzew> that's great
14:15:55 <abstractj> 'kk
14:16:10 <lholmquist> abstractj: since it's not only realed to the UPS repo
14:16:11 <matzew> yeah, not even makes sense - is needed
14:16:16 * passos started IRC effects
14:16:24 <matzew> otherwise, new featutes go into old versions
14:16:25 <matzew> etc
14:17:03 <matzew> I haven't yet had time to send an email on details of the branches (including master), but we can use that as base discussion for that
14:17:13 <matzew> and also, I think every project might have a totally different schedule
14:17:14 <abstractj> matzew alright, let's end the meeting, seems like passos is in a rush
14:17:18 <matzew> in itmers of backports
14:17:23 <abstractj> matzew let's discuss on the mailing list
14:17:31 <matzew> ok, I am fien w/ that
14:18:04 <dbevenius> #endmeeting