14:45:01 <lincolnthree> #startmeeting
14:45:01 <jbott> Meeting started Wed May 21 14:45:01 2014 UTC.  The chair is lincolnthree. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:45:01 <jbott> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:45:02 <aslak> lincolnthree: InitialSelection works
14:45:26 <lincolnthree> aslak: okay, could you file a bug on that? i'm not sure if it *is* broken but would be good to check
14:45:29 <lincolnthree> aslak: and update teh docs
14:45:52 <lincolnthree> #addtopic Agenda
14:45:55 <lincolnthree> #nexttopic
14:45:55 <jbott> #topic Agenda
14:46:23 <lincolnthree> jbott pingall Forge meeting has begun in #forge channel!
14:46:23 <jbott> Forge meeting has begun in #forge channel!
14:46:23 <jbott> agoncal antoine_sd aslak balunasj|mtg burrsutter ChanServ crobson_ cvanball cvasilak emmanuel is-mw2 jamezp jbarop jbossbot jbott jsightler LaSombra lincolnthree maschmid matzew maxandersen mbenson ozizka pdurbin pmuir sgilda stalep tcunning xcoulon
14:46:23 <jbott> Forge meeting has begun in #forge channel!
14:46:39 <lincolnthree> So for today, what agenda items do we have to discuss? :) List em out!
14:46:57 <agoncal> 2.5.1 release, Website, Arquillian Addon ;o)
14:47:59 <lincolnthree> #addtopic 2.5.1.Final Release
14:48:05 <lincolnthree> #addtopic Website
14:48:09 <lincolnthree> #addtopic Arquillian Addon
14:48:18 <lincolnthree> #chair aslak
14:48:18 <jbott> Current chairs: aslak lincolnthree
14:48:36 <lincolnthree> ok that sounds good. I don't have anything additional to discuss without a few other people here :)
14:48:40 <lincolnthree> #nexttopic
14:48:40 <jbott> #topic 2.5.1.Final Release
14:48:55 <lincolnthree> #info 2.5.1.Final should go out today or tomorrow
14:49:03 <lincolnthree> we are still fixing up a few issues
14:49:22 <agoncal> lincolnthree I'll give it a try later today if you want
14:49:45 <aslak> lincolnthree: FORGE-1847
14:49:46 <jbossbot> jira [3FORGE-1847] UIContext.getSelection() always return null [10Open (Unresolved) Bug,7 Major,6 Unassigned] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-1847
14:49:47 <agoncal> lincolnthree I can't wait because I have a blog ready to be published ;o)
14:50:00 <lincolnthree> agoncal: nice!
14:50:01 <lincolnthree> hehe
14:50:27 <lincolnthree> aslak: ty
14:50:41 <lincolnthree> #info the 2.5.1.Final release will actually be 2.6.0.Final
14:51:00 <lincolnthree> we added more apis :)
14:51:35 <lincolnthree> anything else about this release?
14:51:44 <lincolnthree> 5
14:51:45 <lincolnthree> 4
14:51:47 <lincolnthree> 3
14:51:48 <lincolnthree> 2
14:51:50 <lincolnthree> 1
14:51:51 <lincolnthree> #nexttopic
14:51:51 <jbott> #topic Website
14:52:28 <lincolnthree> #info We've found a graphic designer to work on the website presentation. WiIl begin design soon.
14:52:48 <agoncal> Any chance to have the website for 2.6.0 ?
14:53:36 <lincolnthree> agoncal: heh…
14:53:54 <lincolnthree> agoncal: if we can get some help with adding documentation i suppose it's possible :)
14:54:25 <agoncal> lincolnthree You were talking about presentation, I was just wondering about the content
14:54:46 <lincolnthree> agoncal: well, the content is sparse on the 2.0 website. we could use some help with that :(
14:57:32 <agoncal> lincolnthree I wish I had some time to work with you guys :o(
14:58:05 <lincolnthree> website-forge.rhcloud.com
14:58:13 <lincolnthree> but it's at least possible now! we have some content hosted here:
14:58:23 <lincolnthree> https://github.com/forge/addon-repository
15:00:18 <lincolnthree> no set date on the forge 2 website yet :(
15:00:39 <agoncal> lincolnthree ok :o(
15:01:37 <lincolnthree> soon i hope
15:02:03 <lincolnthree> anything else on the website? next topic in 5
15:02:07 <lincolnthree> 4
15:02:10 <lincolnthree> 3
15:02:12 <lincolnthree> 2
15:02:16 <lincolnthree> 1
15:02:19 <lincolnthree> #nexttopic
15:02:19 <jbott> #topic Arquillian Addon
15:02:26 <lincolnthree> aslak: brief status?
15:02:32 <lincolnthree> aslak: agoncal wanted to know
15:02:42 <agoncal> aslak Tell me it's ready ;o)
15:04:48 <lincolnthree> agoncal: he's hit a few issues today
15:06:04 <agoncal> lincolnthree I know you don't like this question but : "What about having Arquillian plugin in the core ?"
15:07:30 <lincolnthree> agoncal: can't do that unfortunately
15:07:35 <aslak> agoncal: it would be if Forge was.. :)
15:07:45 <lincolnthree> aslak: hey!
15:07:56 <lincolnthree> aslak: to be fair. getSelection() shouldn't be used for that :p
15:08:12 <aslak> agoncal: in general it works on CLI.. lotsa issues in IDE
15:08:16 <lincolnthree> aslak: it's not guaranteed to stay the same during command execution
15:08:34 <lincolnthree> aslak: that's surprising to hear actually. i mean… we spent more time on the IDE
15:08:59 <agoncal> aslak I am a CLI guy ;o)
15:09:46 <aslak> agoncal: https://github.com/aslakknutsen/plugin-arquillian/tree/forge2
15:09:55 <aslak> agoncal: build install and give it aspin
15:10:12 <agoncal> aslak Ok I'll do that later today
15:10:20 <lincolnthree> ok, fantastic!
15:10:33 <aslak> docs need update.. hehe
15:13:09 <aslak> lincolnthree: you guys pull in/parse the repo doc somehow?
15:13:15 <aslak> or just link to it
15:13:37 <lincolnthree> aslak: yea, we use https://github.com/forge/addon-repository as a repo
15:13:45 <lincolnthree> then the docs are rendered by redoculous and cached locally
15:14:20 <aslak> lincolnthree: i mean a 'community addon' docs
15:14:34 <aslak> you just render what ever the README.* happen to be?
15:14:40 <lincolnthree> aslak: https://github.com/forge/website/blob/master/src/main/java/org/jboss/forge/website/service/RepositoryService.java#L71
15:14:50 <lincolnthree> aslak: yes, there is a strategy for that
15:14:58 <lincolnthree> community addons will have several pages to make use of
15:15:26 <aslak> ?
15:15:42 <lincolnthree> aslak: sec
15:16:17 <lincolnthree> aslak: http://paste2.org/kIf1J1YU
15:16:33 <lincolnthree> aslak: possibly another for USAGE.asciidoc
15:16:37 <aslak> aa ic
15:16:52 <lincolnthree> aslak: so if the repo has that document, the tab will appear on the site
15:16:56 <aslak> so separate files instead of some structure in README
15:16:58 <lincolnthree> otherwise the tab will not appear
15:17:00 <lincolnthree> aslak: right
15:17:09 <lincolnthree> aslak: readme is the intro page that gets shown first
15:17:16 <aslak> hmm....
15:17:30 <aslak> wouldn't that kinda kill the github README
15:17:43 <lincolnthree> aslak: maybe… perhaps setup should be first or usage
15:17:56 <aslak> no i don't mean the order of them
15:17:59 <lincolnthree> updated our docs, that's a good point
15:18:05 <lincolnthree> aslak: yea  i know what you meant
15:18:16 <lincolnthree> aslak: http://paste2.org/9wBwc58V
15:18:19 <aslak> i mean splitting all the 'useful' info into files that are NOT README will make the README not to usefull on github :)
15:18:28 <lincolnthree> oh
15:18:32 <lincolnthree> i didnt know whatyou meant
15:18:40 <lincolnthree> not really, readme can link to others
15:18:49 <lincolnthree> but good point
15:18:51 <lincolnthree> we could split it
15:18:52 <aslak> right, if you don't use README, then README could link or include..
15:18:53 <lincolnthree> just using the readme
15:18:58 <aslak> not sure if include works there tho
15:19:00 <lincolnthree> and divide on sections
15:19:06 <lincolnthree> aslak: dont think include works on github
15:19:25 <aslak> you could just as well split the README in sections based on Headers
15:19:31 <aslak> == Setup == Usage
15:20:14 <aslak> or, split the README in tabs based on headers i mean
15:20:36 <lincolnthree> right.
15:20:39 <lincolnthree> thats what i was thinking
15:20:44 <lincolnthree> it might be better that way
15:20:46 <lincolnthree> simpler
15:21:12 <lincolnthree> ending meeting since we're now off topic :)
15:21:14 <lincolnthree> #endmeeting