15:02:35 <lincolnthree> #startmeeting
15:02:35 <jbott> Meeting started Wed Jun 18 15:02:35 2014 UTC.  The chair is lincolnthree. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:02:35 <jbott> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:02:38 <gastaldi> Hi ivannov!
15:02:45 <lincolnthree> #chair gastaldi
15:02:45 <jbott> Current chairs: gastaldi lincolnthree
15:02:51 <maxandersen> you're welcome -but thanks for all to actually show up this time ;) seems in past we've been like cats hurding ;)
15:02:51 <lincolnthree> #addtopic Agenda
15:02:52 <ivannov> hey gastaldi
15:02:57 <lincolnthree> #nexttopic
15:02:57 <jbott> #topic Agenda
15:03:19 <gastaldi> Website ?
15:03:27 <agoncal> gastaldi yes
15:03:30 <gastaldi> Roadmap?
15:03:36 <gastaldi> Conferences?
15:03:55 <agoncal> And Arquillian add-on for me please ;o)
15:04:09 <ivannov> I have a questiin about Eclipse integr.
15:04:39 <gastaldi> #addtopic Website
15:04:43 <gastaldi> #addtopic Roadmap
15:04:46 <gastaldi> #addtopic Conferences
15:04:57 <ivannov> sorry for my writing, but I am connected from the phone in an overcrouded bus
15:05:03 <lincolnthree> #addtopic Arquillian Addon
15:05:11 <gastaldi> lincolnthree, thanks
15:05:29 <gastaldi> ivannov, wow, and you still got time for the meeting! You're awesome :)
15:06:00 <gastaldi> let's start
15:06:05 <gastaldi> #nexttopic
15:06:05 <jbott> #topic Website
15:06:08 <lincolnthree> Ok.
15:06:22 <lincolnthree> So I've done a bunch of work to establish a migration plan from the old site to the new one
15:06:24 <lincolnthree> for instance:
15:06:32 <lincolnthree> website-forge.rhcloud.com/1.x/
15:06:38 <gastaldi> awesome
15:06:38 <lincolnthree> is almost functional
15:06:49 <lincolnthree> so we should be able to set up redirects to preserve existing links
15:06:57 <lincolnthree> i just need to finish that today
15:07:30 <lincolnthree> once that's done, and we put a few more links between the two sections, I think we are basically safe to launch
15:07:38 <gastaldi> ok, I just updated trello: https://trello.com/b/UwGqxW0p/forge-2-website-launch
15:07:54 <gastaldi> cool
15:08:27 <lincolnthree> ok cool
15:08:38 <agoncal> lincolnthree Would that be : launch 2.7.0 + website at the same time ?
15:08:39 <lincolnthree> aside from that, we just need to keep adding docs and get the design started
15:08:47 <gastaldi> true
15:08:49 <lincolnthree> agoncal: potentially
15:09:21 <gastaldi> well, the biggest blocker for 2.7.0 is FORGE-1802
15:09:21 <jbossbot> jira [3FORGE-1802] Console hangs when running an invalid script [10Open (Unresolved) Sub-task,7 Critical,6 Ivan St. Ivanov] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-1802
15:09:50 <gastaldi> once that's fixed we can release
15:09:51 <agoncal> lincolnthree I won't have time to add more content in the coming days, but I'll do it again later
15:10:06 <gastaldi> agoncal, great, we should be doing that too
15:10:18 <lincolnthree> agoncal: ok cool :)
15:10:43 <gastaldi> next topic?
15:11:09 <lincolnthree> sec
15:11:28 <lincolnthree> i added a meeting on the calendar to meet with Erin
15:11:30 <lincolnthree> the designer
15:11:34 <lincolnthree> so we can talk with her next week at the f2f
15:11:36 <lincolnthree> while we are together
15:11:54 <lincolnthree> she will get started after that
15:11:57 <gastaldi> #info The current website launch pending tasks can be found on https://trello.com/b/UwGqxW0p/forge-2-website-launch
15:12:15 <lincolnthree> #info Meeting with Erin (designer) will occur next week at the F2F
15:12:22 <lincolnthree> time TBD
15:12:27 <lincolnthree> but i put the calendar in as a placeholder
15:12:27 <gastaldi> excellent
15:12:31 <lincolnthree> we'll have to find a free hour
15:12:36 <lincolnthree> ok. im done
15:12:51 <gastaldi> #nexttopic
15:12:51 <jbott> #topic Roadmap
15:13:06 <gastaldi> as I beforementioned, FORGE-1802 is the blocker for the next release
15:13:07 <jbossbot> jira [3FORGE-1802] Console hangs when running an invalid script [10Open (Unresolved) Sub-task,7 Blocker,6 Ivan St. Ivanov] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-1802
15:13:28 <gastaldi> we might need some changes in Aesh to support that
15:14:03 <ivannov__> when do we expect those?
15:14:20 <gastaldi> ivannov__, asap
15:14:47 <gastaldi> stalep, yt?
15:14:50 <ivannov__> I think stalep said it would be easy
15:15:44 <gastaldi> ok, so is there any other outstanding issue to be resolved in this next version?
15:15:57 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: the CLAC performance would be nice to fix
15:16:00 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: im working on that now
15:16:06 <gastaldi> lincolnthree, cool
15:16:26 <gastaldi> #action lincolnthree is working on the CLAC performance
15:17:35 <agoncal> gastaldi What does CLAC mean ?
15:17:48 <gastaldi> #action gastaldi will fix the bug on the Generate Entities From Tables command
15:17:56 <gastaldi> agoncal, ClassloaderAdapterCallback
15:18:04 <gastaldi> It's a class that proxies stuff
15:18:13 <lincolnthree> agoncal: it's what let's Furnace run inside Eclipse seamlessly
15:18:14 <gastaldi> came from a bout of insanity from lincolnthree :)
15:18:18 <lincolnthree> yeah
15:19:34 <gastaldi> great, looks like we're all set
15:19:38 <gastaldi> next topic?
15:19:57 <lincolnthree> yes
15:20:12 <lincolnthree> doing it in 5
15:20:13 <lincolnthree> 4
15:20:14 <lincolnthree> 3
15:20:15 <lincolnthree> 2
15:20:16 <lincolnthree> 1
15:20:18 <lincolnthree> #nexttopic
15:20:18 <jbott> #topic Conferences
15:20:23 <lincolnthree> ok! conferences :)
15:20:26 <gastaldi> yay!
15:20:46 <ivannov__> gastaldi, did you submit?
15:20:47 <lincolnthree> what's new on this scene?
15:20:57 <gastaldi> ivannov__, no, I was waiting for this meeting to do that
15:21:03 <agoncal> Next week I'll be doing 2 French JUGs (Marseille & Nice) talking about Forge
15:21:12 <gastaldi> agoncal, excellent
15:21:20 <gastaldi> Forge had 2 talks accepted in JavaOne
15:21:48 <agoncal> And as I mentioned on the ML I submitted an Hands-on Lab on "Creating a Java EE app with Forge"
15:22:48 <ivannov__> and maybe I can use it in my talk if lincilnthree and arun complete the asdon
15:22:50 <gastaldi> so we'll submit to Devoxx Belgium (and at the same time submit an estimate for budget) :)
15:23:51 <ivannov__> think about java2days the next week after devoxx
15:23:53 <lincolnthree> agoncal: awesome! have I mentioned that you are amazing btw?
15:24:11 <lincolnthree> agoncal: I could kiss you (on the cheeks of course)
15:24:22 <agoncal> I'm pretty both Hands-on lab won't be accepted. But if one does, we should join forces
15:24:55 <agoncal> lincolnthree I have long hair.... but I'm straight, sorry ;o)
15:25:02 <ivannov__> why do you think so agoncal
15:25:11 <lincolnthree> agoncal: haha
15:25:56 <ivannov__> you mean neither will be accepted or just one?
15:26:08 <lincolnthree> i think he means just one
15:26:43 <agoncal> ivannov__ Yes, at least one, but not two
15:26:51 <gastaldi> I doubt neither will be accepted, agoncal is a java champion and rules in talks :)
15:26:56 <ivannov__> ah, then it's OK, we'll cooperate anyway
15:27:18 <lincolnthree> I feel like the more collaboration the better :)
15:27:27 <agoncal> gastaldi It's just that they have limited hands-on lab at Devoxx BE (they only have 2 rooms)
15:27:41 <gastaldi> right
15:27:46 <agoncal> lincolnthree Definitelly
15:28:12 <ivannov__> yeah, it's 4 slots in total
15:29:04 <gastaldi> I know arun gupta is an organizer for the event, maybe we can tip him? :)
15:29:55 <ivannov__> gastaldi, you will submit the talk, right? you jave the abstract
15:30:11 <agoncal> gastaldi I actually received an email from @arun this morning, he is ready to help if needed
15:30:15 <gastaldi> ivannov__, yes, I'll submit after the meeting is over, just need to find an attractive title
15:30:23 <gastaldi> agoncal, cool
15:30:40 <soro_> gastaldi: TDC SP, something?
15:30:40 <stalep> im here now!
15:30:43 <stalep> what was it?
15:30:51 <stalep> ah, the general resulthandler
15:30:55 <gastaldi> stalep, yes
15:30:56 <stalep> forgot about that
15:30:59 <stalep> ill add it
15:31:03 <stalep> sorry
15:32:05 <lincolnthree> stalep: woot :) thank you. shouldn't take long i think
15:32:09 <gastaldi> soro_, have you submitted something about Forge to TDC SP?
15:32:31 <soro_> gastaldi: not yet. I'm thinking.
15:33:33 <stalep> lincolnthree: i dont think so either
15:35:18 <gastaldi> awesome
15:36:00 <lincolnthree> next topic?
15:36:12 <gastaldi> #nexttopic
15:36:12 <jbott> #topic Arquillian Addon
15:36:17 <lincolnthree> agoncal: go!
15:36:23 <gastaldi> #chair agoncal
15:36:23 <jbott> Current chairs: agoncal gastaldi lincolnthree
15:37:57 * gastaldi pokes agoncal
15:38:36 <agoncal> Well, as I mentioned, I'm doing a 3 days training on Java EE and I extensivelly use Forge
15:39:06 <agoncal> The first day I tell my students "install Forge and now install the Arquillian add-on".... and this is not easy
15:39:40 <agoncal> It would be great to be able to install Arquillian with addon-install-from-git to make it easy but I can't make it work
15:39:57 <ivannov__> I can add something here
15:40:20 <agoncal> (on another note, I've created a few issues on Arquillian add-on recently)
15:40:22 <agoncal> All in all, I really think that this add-on should have extra-attention
15:40:31 <ivannov__> do you have to install the whole jboss tols to use forge plugin
15:40:40 <agoncal> (you know my thoughts, I even think it should be bundle with Forge)
15:40:55 <lincolnthree> agoncal: what's not working with installl from git?
15:41:05 <agoncal> So, my question is : how could we make the installation/usage of Arquillian much smoother than it is ?
15:41:15 <ivannov__> I agree with agoncal
15:41:25 <gastaldi> ivannov__, what do you "install the whole jboss tools to use the Forge plugin"?
15:41:40 <agoncal> lincolnthree It might be something wrong with my command as it doesn't find the forge2 branch
15:41:48 <gastaldi> s/do you/do you mean
15:41:55 <vineetreynolds_> ivannov__ Only the Forge feature needs to be installed
15:42:07 <gastaldi> agoncal, I reproduced that locally as well, I'll have a look at it
15:42:14 <ivannov__> gastaldi, I read it in a discussion in the ML
15:42:15 <gastaldi> this looks like another blocker for 2.7.0.Final
15:42:37 <ivannov__> can I just install forgebfeature in a pure eclipse?
15:42:43 <vineetreynolds> yes
15:42:43 <gastaldi> #action gastaldi will have a look at addon-install-from-git issues
15:42:54 <gastaldi> ivannov__, yes, but you need to install the JBoss Usage plugin first
15:42:56 <agoncal> Even finding the Arquillian add-on was a challenge (I had to exchange a few Tweets with Aslak)
15:43:08 <lincolnthree> ivannov__: yes you can
15:43:36 <gastaldi> ivannov__, see https://github.com/forge/core#get-started-with-the-forge-2-eclipse-plugin
15:44:09 <ivannov__> OK, will look at that, thanks gastaldi
15:44:15 <gastaldi> you're welcome
15:44:40 <ivannov__> but I agree that havin arquillian addon in core is a muat
15:44:45 <ivannov__> must*
15:44:59 <agoncal> (and I'm not even talking about the JBoss AS addon)
15:45:09 <soro_> gastaldi: I think that's important explained about run test with eclipse.
15:45:11 <agoncal> Arquillian + JBoss
15:45:22 <gastaldi> agoncal, would it help if we had a "addon-install arquillian" command?
15:45:37 <vineetreynolds> There goes modularity
15:45:52 <lincolnthree> vineetreynolds: ?
15:45:59 <ivannov__> why not have it in cire?
15:46:05 <gastaldi> we have the addons in https://github.com/forge/addon-repository/blob/master/addons-core.yaml
15:46:08 <ivannov__> core*
15:46:20 <vineetreynolds> lincolnthree Well we need to sort this addon installation prob or every addon will be requested for inclusion in JBT
15:46:22 <agoncal> gastaldi No because then it makes a difference between addons : the ones you can easily install, and the others
15:46:23 <vineetreynolds> or core
15:47:06 <gastaldi> ivannov__, well, I am not opposed to it, but it looks a bit weird since it's solely maintained by the arquillian team
15:47:17 <agoncal> I would really militate to have Forge + Arquillian + JBoss AS bundled. This way you could use Forge to develop, test, and run
15:47:39 <gastaldi> hmmmm, maybe we could have that option to download from the website
15:47:56 <gastaldi> it's a matter of configuring the furnace-maven-plugin to deploy the required addons
15:48:22 <gastaldi> you know, like jQuery UI does
15:48:40 <gastaldi> choose the addons you like and then the website generates a ZIP with the addons
15:49:21 <agoncal> gastaldi And what about, when a new Forge version is realeased, include some tests to make sure that Arquillian & JBoss AS add on work correctly
15:49:28 <lincolnthree> agoncal: yeah. i think maybe a different download option would be OK for this
15:49:49 <lincolnthree> agoncal: Full JBoss Development profile or something
15:49:57 <gastaldi> yeah, that would be neat
15:50:08 <gastaldi> profiles
15:50:21 <ivannov__> +1
15:50:31 <agoncal> +1 for Profiles
15:50:38 <gastaldi> SAP Development profile
15:50:45 <gastaldi> ivannov__, that would be cool also wouldn't it?
15:50:55 <soro_> +1 for profiles
15:50:56 <ivannov__> no, not at all
15:50:58 <ivannov__> lol
15:51:02 <gastaldi> hehe ok
15:51:04 <agoncal> Well, in another register, the AngularJS scaffolding is embedded in Forge, isn't it ?
15:51:11 <gastaldi> agoncal, yes
15:51:16 <gastaldi> well
15:51:19 <gastaldi> not in core
15:51:34 <vineetreynolds> in JBT
15:51:34 <gastaldi> it's bundled with the JBT plugin
15:51:44 <agoncal> gastaldi Well, for me, it makes more sense to have Arquillian/JBoss embedded than Angular (no offence, it's a Java EE guy talking here ;o)
15:52:05 <gastaldi> agoncal, but AngularJS is the future! :)
15:52:22 <gastaldi> probably you might be right
15:52:50 <gastaldi> But idk
15:53:02 <gastaldi> I think having profiles would be much more interesting
15:53:11 <agoncal> gastaldi I hope JBoss AS is the future for RedHat... or you'll loose your job ;o)
15:53:13 <lincolnthree> its very easy to do
15:53:19 <lincolnthree> agoncal: yeah true that ;)
15:53:25 <gastaldi> agoncal, indeed
15:53:26 <lincolnthree> agoncal: you mean forge isn't the future? :p
15:53:38 <ivannov__> bte, the reason not to include arquillian addon in core because it's supported by another team smells like canway's law...
15:53:42 <agoncal> gastaldi Agree, I really like profiles
15:54:12 <agoncal> lincolnthree no offence, but I'm sure RedHat makes more money with JBoss AS than Forge (but we will change that !)
15:55:00 <agoncal> Basic Profile > Java EE Profile > JBoss Profile > Web Profile > Android Profile....
15:55:03 <lincolnthree> no offense taken ;)
15:55:06 <lincolnthree> agoncal: exactly
15:55:21 <gastaldi> no offense here as well :)
15:55:54 <vineetreynolds> ivannov__ Conway's law?
15:56:17 <gastaldi> the profiles could be different distribution profiles in our dist module
15:56:34 <gastaldi> as a first step
15:56:40 <gastaldi> and then we could improve that later
15:56:51 <agoncal> gastaldi Yes, little steps
15:57:02 <vineetreynolds> You mean build it during release?
15:57:24 <gastaldi> vineetreynolds, yes
15:57:24 <ivannov__> vineet, that's something you get used to when you work in big enterprise. and I struggle with that
15:57:50 <vineetreynolds> gastaldi ok and then maybe allow openshift to build it on request later
15:58:00 <gastaldi> vineetreynolds, yes
15:58:01 <vineetreynolds> Pretty sure this is easy to do
15:58:32 <ivannov__> I think at the moment we do have profiles...
15:58:47 <vineetreynolds> Just offline
15:59:06 <gastaldi> #idea We'll create custom download profiles for different addons bundling
15:59:08 <ivannov__> but I am afraid I have to leave because my phone battery is nearly down
15:59:19 <gastaldi> ivannov__, no worries, I think we're done
15:59:20 <ivannov__> see you, folks!
15:59:22 <gastaldi> cya
15:59:33 <gastaldi> thanks for coming
15:59:51 <gastaldi> I'll let you know when I find a neat title to that Devoxx session
16:00:50 <gastaldi> I think that is a wrap?
16:00:57 <agoncal> Yes
16:01:13 <gastaldi> ok, ending meeting now
16:01:15 <gastaldi> #endmeeting