15:02:08 <gastaldi> #startmeeting
15:02:08 <jbott> Meeting started Wed Jul  9 15:02:08 2014 UTC.  The chair is gastaldi. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:02:08 <jbott> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:02:09 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: thanks
15:02:10 <jbossbot> Title: 3MeetBot - Debian Wiki
15:02:20 <gastaldi> #chair lincolnthree koentsje agoncal
15:02:20 <jbott> Current chairs: agoncal gastaldi koentsje lincolnthree
15:02:57 <gastaldi> Good morning everybody
15:03:15 <gastaldi> #topic Agenda
15:03:31 <gastaldi> #addtopic JBT status
15:03:40 <gastaldi> #addtopic Roadmap
15:03:46 <gastaldi> anything else?
15:04:05 <agoncal> gastaldi Documentation (a.k.a website)
15:04:18 <gastaldi> #addtopic Documentation (a.k.a website)
15:04:32 <gastaldi> ok, I think it's enough so far
15:04:35 <gastaldi> let's begin
15:04:38 <gastaldi> #nexttopic
15:04:38 <jbott> #topic JBT status
15:05:06 <gastaldi> koentsje, how are we doing regarding to JBT?
15:05:47 <gastaldi> what are the priority issues we need to fix to make maxandersen happy? :)
15:05:55 <koentsje> we’re doing good i think, a lot of stuff was fixed for beta3 and the last issue that max wanted solved was showing the context
15:06:08 <gastaldi> excellent!
15:06:58 <koentsje> some outstanding issues related to the cli need to be fixed vor cr1
15:07:08 <koentsje> i mean for the integrated cli
15:07:12 <lincolnthree> koentsje: right
15:07:13 <gastaldi> anything requiring changes in Aesh?
15:07:33 <koentsje> not that i know of
15:07:46 <gastaldi> great
15:08:08 <koentsje> i was able to work around the difference in ansi code thingy just by handling both cases
15:08:46 <gastaldi> let me know if you need help on these issues, I understand they are critical for us to get into CR1
15:09:02 <koentsje> also, the ‚go to’ and ‚link with editor’ buttons need to come back for f2
15:09:08 <gastaldi> +1
15:09:16 <gastaldi> I miss those
15:09:17 <gastaldi> :)
15:09:28 <koentsje> that possibly involved bringing back the pick-up command
15:09:30 <gastaldi> is there a JIRA about it?
15:09:34 <koentsje> yes
15:09:38 <gastaldi> koentsje, cd might be used afaik
15:10:04 <koentsje> the current issue is JBIDE-17684
15:10:05 <jbossbot> jira [3JBIDE-17684] missing linked editor / linked console that we had in forge 1 [10Open (Unresolved) Bug,7 Critical,6 Koen Aers] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-17684
15:10:08 <gastaldi> nice
15:11:10 <gastaldi> koentsje, feel free to assign me some issues if you need assistance
15:11:29 <koentsje> gastaldi: ok sure, thx
15:11:32 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: btw, did you ever finish the script fixes?
15:11:58 <gastaldi> lincolnthree, I am working on it yet. I had to stop working on it yesterday, will resume today
15:12:04 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: kk
15:12:36 <gastaldi> I have a solution, but I'm thinking if that's ideal
15:13:32 <gastaldi> #info gastaldi will work on FORGE-1802
15:13:33 <jbossbot> jira [3FORGE-1802] Console hangs when running an invalid script [10Open (Unresolved) Sub-task,7 Blocker,6 George Gastaldi] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-1802
15:14:25 <gastaldi> anything else regarding to JBT status?
15:14:56 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: nothing here, there is one issue that ive been monitoring
15:15:02 <koentsje> not immediately anything i can think of
15:15:03 <lincolnthree> let me get the number
15:15:35 <lincolnthree> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-17700
15:15:36 <jbossbot> jira [3JBIDE-17700] Cannot deploy jsf war with eclipse luna and jboss 7.1.x [10Open (Unresolved) Bug,7 Critical,6 Rob Stryker] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-17700
15:15:57 <lincolnthree> #info They thought JBIDE-17700 was a possible forge issue, but I don't think it is.
15:15:58 <jbossbot> jira [3JBIDE-17700] Cannot deploy jsf war with eclipse luna and jboss 7.1.x [10Open (Unresolved) Bug,7 Critical,6 Rob Stryker] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-17700
15:16:49 <gastaldi> I don't think it is neither
15:17:07 <lincolnthree> thats all i got
15:17:12 <gastaldi> cool, moving on
15:17:14 <gastaldi> #nexttopic
15:17:14 <jbott> #topic Roadmap
15:17:25 <agoncal> 7.1
15:17:33 <agoncal> Sorry 2.7.1
15:18:06 <gastaldi> #info Forge 2.7.1.Final is targeted to be released on July, 15th, but I guess we need to postpone until we have more fixed issues
15:18:32 <gastaldi> FORGE-1802 is what should be in this version
15:18:32 <jbossbot> jira [3FORGE-1802] Console hangs when running an invalid script [10Open (Unresolved) Sub-task,7 Blocker,6 George Gastaldi] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-1802
15:18:42 <agoncal> gastaldi As a Forge user I would also like to see more command/code generation
15:19:12 <gastaldi> agoncal, +1, what kind of command/code generation you mean?
15:19:30 <gastaldi> do you have any issues linked to it?
15:19:31 <agoncal> Fixing bug is important, making Forge flexible too, but more commands would help in going further
15:20:07 <gastaldi> agoncal, yes. that's why we allow people to create addons
15:20:30 <agoncal> gastaldi I can't remember (need to check JIRA) but adding annotations to methods/attributes (e.g. java-add-annotation), adding a method signature (java-new-method)...
15:20:31 <gastaldi> I published a tutorial on how to make your addon visible in the website
15:20:43 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: link? :)
15:21:02 <agoncal> gastaldi Yes, I know, but having more basic Java/JavaEE commands would be great
15:21:29 <gastaldi> lincolnthree, agoncal, we already have these afaik
15:21:36 <gastaldi> http://forge.jboss.org/document/how-to-get-your-addon-listed-in-the-forge-website
15:21:36 <jbossbot> Title: 3Documentation | JBoss Forge
15:21:39 <lincolnthree> agoncal: what other commands would you like to see?
15:22:28 <agoncal> lincolnthree I need to dig into JRA. Do you want me to create a JIRA (New Forge commands) and move JIRAs into this one ?
15:23:39 <lincolnthree> agoncal: that would be fantastic
15:24:05 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: btw, do you think this document belongs in tutorials? i think it belongs with the forge addon writing docs
15:24:08 <agoncal> lincolnthree Ok, I'll do it after the meeting
15:24:11 <lincolnthree> agoncal: thank you!!
15:26:17 <agoncal> FORGE-1926
15:26:17 <jbossbot> jira [3FORGE-1926] Adding more commands to Forge [10Open (Unresolved) Task,7 Major,6 Unassigned] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-1926
15:26:22 <agoncal> I'll work on it
15:26:29 <gastaldi> lincolnthree, as another section in http://forge.jboss.org/document/develop-an-addon? I'm fine with changing that
15:26:30 <jbossbot> Title: 3Documentation | JBoss Forge
15:27:03 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: that or it should be in the advanced topics category
15:27:05 <gastaldi> agoncal, pull-requests are also greatly appreciated :)
15:27:23 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: also, no offense, but that article is formatted like crap :p
15:27:35 <gastaldi> it is, it shows correctly in Github
15:27:48 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: maybe redoculous needs an update? looking
15:27:53 <gastaldi> but for some reason it is screwed when rendered in redoculous :P
15:28:08 <agoncal> gastaldi Oh yes, I know... little spare time latelly, but I'm planning to get back to PR ;o)
15:28:14 <gastaldi> lincolnthree, https://github.com/forge/docs/blob/master/tutorials/How-to-get-your-addon-listed.asciidoc
15:28:27 <gastaldi> agoncal, great, thanks
15:29:23 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: yeah i looked. not sure if it's actually broken in RD or just the style on the site sucks
15:29:37 <gastaldi> I leaning towards the latter
15:29:58 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: correct. just checked
15:30:03 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: it's rendered correctly as html
15:30:06 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: just not styled
15:30:09 <gastaldi> :P
15:30:27 <gastaldi> let's add a JIRA to it and fix later
15:33:54 <gastaldi> creating now
15:34:03 <lincolnthree> attach it to:
15:40:22 <gastaldi> FORGE-1927
15:40:23 <jbossbot> jira [3FORGE-1927] Numbered lists are not properly styled in the rendered documentation [10Open (Unresolved) Bug,7 Major,6 Unassigned] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-1927
15:41:32 * gastaldi notices that agoncal is on fire with JIRA issues ;)
15:41:49 <gastaldi> ok, next topic, shall we?
15:42:13 <gastaldi> 5
15:42:14 <gastaldi> 4
15:42:16 <gastaldi> 3
15:42:17 <gastaldi> 2
15:42:19 <gastaldi> 1
15:42:22 <gastaldi> #nexttopic
15:42:22 <jbott> #topic Documentation (a.k.a website)
15:42:30 <agoncal> gastaldi Yes ;o)
15:42:47 <agoncal> The web site is great, well done guys !
15:42:53 <gastaldi> agoncal, thanks!
15:43:00 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: you are on fire
15:43:02 <gastaldi> I will publish a tutorial on how to publish documentation to the website
15:43:16 <lincolnthree> agoncal: thank you! it feels really good to have it out.
15:43:18 <agoncal> But (there is always a but) where are the "News" ?
15:43:23 <lincolnthree> agoncal: notice we preserved all old links :)
15:43:28 <lincolnthree> agoncal: forge.jboss.org/news
15:43:41 <lincolnthree> agoncal: our UX designer doesn't want a news section
15:43:43 <agoncal> When you write a post about a new release, it should be in the main page, don't you think ?
15:43:55 <lincolnthree> agoncal: possibly
15:44:00 <gastaldi> (eye roll)
15:44:03 <lincolnthree> agoncal: we still have to discuss how this will work with crobson
15:44:35 <lincolnthree> agoncal: http://forge.jboss.org/news/2014-07-03/forge-2.7.0.final-(stoked)-is-here
15:44:35 <jbossbot> Title: 3News | JBoss Forge
15:44:39 <lincolnthree> you are famous ^
15:44:48 <agoncal> lincolnthree I just realize that there is no link to the "News" page in the top menu
15:45:02 <lincolnthree> agoncal: yea, maybe it should be in resources
15:45:05 <lincolnthree> agoncal: actually thats a good idea
15:45:14 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: want to add a link in the resources dropdown?
15:45:56 <rajmahendra> Let the new be a individual link
15:46:09 <rajmahendra> news
15:46:19 <lincolnthree> rajmahendra: we are running out of space in the top menu
15:47:40 <gastaldi> not sure if the Resources dropdown would be the right place to have a News link
15:48:36 <jbossbot> git [12website-data] push 10master7 cdd31ae.. 6Lincoln Baxter, III Renamed
15:48:36 <jbossbot> git [12website-data] push 10master URL: http://github.com/forge/website-data/commit/cdd31ae2b
15:48:36 <agoncal> gastaldi It should be more important than just a dropdown link
15:48:54 <lincolnthree> agoncal: i will give this feedback to crobson
15:49:07 <rajmahen_> Docs can be added to the resource....
15:49:12 <lincolnthree> rajmahen_: no way
15:49:14 <agoncal> What about getting rid of "Home" (you already get a Home by clicking the top left Forge image)
15:49:23 <lincolnthree> rajmahen_: docs have to be primary importance :)
15:49:28 <lincolnthree> agoncal: i thought about that
15:49:31 <lincolnthree> agoncal: that might work
15:49:40 <gastaldi> agoncal, yeah. good idea
15:49:48 <agoncal> And replace the "Home" menu with a "News" menu
15:49:55 <rajmahen_> agoncal: yes forge image is having home page link
15:51:21 <rajmahen_> lincolnthree: "See what's new in Twitter" we can change to "See what's new... etc" and add one column to show top 4 5 news there.
15:51:42 <gastaldi> hmmm
15:51:53 <lincolnthree> rajmahen_: maybe
15:52:03 <rajmahen_> or have one row for news in top....
15:52:06 <gastaldi> not a bad idea
15:53:15 <lincolnthree> rajmahen_: i've sent these ideas to our UX designer
15:53:18 <lincolnthree> rajmahen_: we'll see what she sayd
15:53:20 <lincolnthree> says
15:53:20 <rajmahen_> and my tweet message "Works in the environment you use" can have a group for Build tools
15:53:29 <rajmahen_> lincolnthree: cool :)
15:57:10 <gastaldi> #info the website should display the news in the front page (or/and have a news section).
15:59:31 <lincolnthree> #info maybe ^^
15:59:42 <lincolnthree> ;)
16:00:01 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: attach the new site issues to: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-1319
16:00:02 <jbossbot> jira [3FORGE-1319] Create a new Website for Forge [10Open (Unresolved) Task,7 Critical,6 Lincoln Baxter III] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-1319
16:01:15 <gastaldi> lincolnthree, ok
16:04:27 <gastaldi> next topic?
16:04:29 <gastaldi> #nexttopic
16:04:29 <jbott> No next topic. Use #addtopic to add topics.
16:04:51 <gastaldi> looks like we're done, anyone wants to add something before we wrap up?
16:04:58 <lincolnthree> all done!
16:05:03 <gastaldi> #endmeeting