15:04:51 <lincolnthree> #startmeeting
15:04:51 <jbott> Meeting started Wed Sep  3 15:04:51 2014 UTC.  The chair is lincolnthree. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:04:51 <jbott> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:04:53 <jbossbot> Title:3 MeetBot - Debian Wiki
15:04:55 <lincolnthree> #topic Agenda
15:05:09 <lincolnthree> #chair gastaldi koentsje vineetreynolds agoncal
15:05:09 <jbott> Current chairs: agoncal gastaldi koentsje lincolnthree vineetreynolds
15:05:17 <lincolnthree> #topic Status Reports
15:05:43 <agoncal> A little update on JavaOne and Devoxx BE ?
15:05:50 <lincolnthree> #dammit
15:05:54 <lincolnthree> #topic Agenda
15:05:58 <lincolnthree> #addtopic Status Reports
15:06:13 <lincolnthree> #addtopic Conference Updates (JavaOne and Devoxx BE)
15:06:57 <gastaldi> Yes, let's do it
15:08:11 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: any more topics?
15:08:17 <lincolnthree> #addtopic Website Status
15:09:09 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: ping
15:09:17 <lincolnthree> moving on..
15:09:26 <lincolnthree> #nexttopic
15:09:26 <jbott> #topic Status Reports
15:09:43 <lincolnthree> At a high level, where do we stand with the JBDS cheatsheet stuff?
15:09:50 <lincolnthree> vineetreynolds: have you updated the PR?
15:10:02 <vineetreynolds> lincolnthree I'll need one more hour. Doing it now
15:10:06 <gastaldi> back, sorry
15:10:24 <vineetreynolds> lincolnthree, I'm updating the cheatsheet to include a JPA entity so it does include BV constraints
15:10:30 <vineetreynolds> And it should be ready in the hour
15:10:54 <lincolnthree> vineetreynolds: i'd love to show a multi-entity relationship
15:10:54 <vineetreynolds> and while I'm giving this update, let me also add
15:10:57 <gastaldi> I am changing the RunForgeCommandHandler to accept pre-populated values
15:11:10 <vineetreynolds> lincolnthree, I know, but the feedback might be that it is too complex
15:11:11 <gastaldi> that might be useful at some point
15:11:17 <vineetreynolds> so I've kept it down to a simple entity
15:11:41 <vineetreynolds> Besides we're going to step through the code and explain every line in the updated cheatsheet
15:12:00 <vineetreynolds> So, for the sake of brevity, I've not included more than one entity
15:12:02 <lincolnthree> vineetreynolds: ok.
15:12:05 <lincolnthree> vineetreynolds: that's fine
15:12:24 <vineetreynolds> If time permits, I'll also step through the generated code, but that would be too much I guess
15:12:45 <lincolnthree> vineetreynolds: thanks! yeah i dont know. it would be nice to say what files were created at least, and their general purpose/state
15:12:51 <vineetreynolds> Yeah
15:13:09 <lincolnthree> ok. gastaldi, general status update from you?
15:13:15 <vineetreynolds> While I'm providing the update, let me also add that I'll be with Arun tomorrow and the day after at a customer
15:13:24 <lincolnthree> vineetreynolds: at a customer for?
15:13:27 <lincolnthree> foge?
15:13:28 <lincolnthree> forge?
15:13:35 <vineetreynolds> TicketMonster mostly, but yes even Forge
15:13:39 <vineetreynolds> Some workshop
15:13:50 <gastaldi> lincolnthree, I am changing the RunForgeCommandHandler to accept pre-populated values, as an enhancement to JBIDE-18004
15:13:51 <jbossbot> jira [3JBIDE-18004] Support launch/execution of specific Forge UICommands or UIWizards from Eclipse cheat sheets [10Reopened (Unresolved) Feature Request,7 Critical,6 George Gastaldi] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-18004
15:13:56 <lincolnthree> vineetreynolds: awesome!
15:14:10 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: awesome
15:14:15 <vineetreynolds> Well it also means that I'll pick up the other console issues later in the week
15:14:22 <gastaldi> after that I'll attack the issues in https://issues.jboss.org/issues/?filter=12322097
15:14:22 <vineetreynolds> Just slacking off for two days :p
15:14:25 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: could be hard without knowing when to press "next"
15:14:39 <vineetreynolds> gastaldi, Hey thats some good stuff
15:15:07 <lincolnthree> I've been working on minor improvements in the CLI stuff, like forge -e, also just trying to keep on top of where we are.
15:15:15 <lincolnthree> I've asked Erin for an update on the website but haven't heard back yet
15:15:20 <lincolnthree> I hope to have something we can review by friday
15:15:42 <lincolnthree> next topic in 5
15:15:44 <lincolnthree> 4
15:15:46 <lincolnthree> 3
15:15:48 <lincolnthree> 2
15:15:50 <lincolnthree> actually
15:15:52 <lincolnthree> before we move on
15:16:02 <lincolnthree> Are there any other blocking issues for JBDS8?
15:16:10 <lincolnthree> maxandersen: koentsje ^^
15:16:46 <gastaldi> #chair
15:16:46 <koentsje> lincolnthree: there is JBIDE-18179
15:16:46 <gastaldi> #chair maxandersen
15:16:46 <jbossbot> jira [3JBIDE-18179] Forge Console is limited to 80 chars and throws exception if line surpasses the limit [10Open (Unresolved) Bug,7 Blocker,6 Unassigned] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-18179
15:16:46 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: he's ending another meeting, so probably a little busy
15:16:46 <jbott> Current chairs: agoncal gastaldi koentsje lincolnthree vineetreynolds
15:16:46 <jbott> Current chairs: agoncal gastaldi koentsje lincolnthree maxandersen vineetreynolds
15:16:47 <gastaldi> ah ok
15:16:59 <gastaldi> jbott looks busy too
15:16:59 <jbott> gastaldi: Error: "looks" is not a valid command.
15:17:12 <lincolnthree> koentsje: how is that one going?
15:17:21 <koentsje> i had a short look at it but i have the impression it’s not a very easy one
15:18:30 <gastaldi> koentsje, are you still stuck in Hibernate issues or are you 100% free to Forge?
15:18:45 <koentsje> lincolnthree: it was not going anywhere yet, i’ll make some more time now to look at it but i need to talk to stalep about it i think
15:18:49 <lincolnthree> koentsje: when can you take a longer look at it?
15:19:05 <lincolnthree> koentsje: we have one day, afaik ;)
15:19:18 <koentsje> gastaldi: i have been working on hibernate blockers since friday unfortunately
15:19:31 * maxandersen on eclipsecon cfp call … slow
15:19:38 <vineetreynolds> Hey all, if koentsje is too busy, I can pick it up later in the week. I dont know if the schedule permits it
15:19:45 <vineetreynolds> I did take a look at the same issue as well
15:20:13 <koentsje> lincolnthree: i can look at it today/tomorrow but i’m not convinced that it can be fixed without changes in forge core
15:20:21 <vineetreynolds> Basically, we use a POSIXTerminal that defaults to 24*80 and setting it's size to match the textviewer is not easy
15:20:43 <lincolnthree> koentsje: that's fine, where the changes need to occur, in forge/core or otherwise, is irrelevant
15:20:44 <maxandersen> but how does the text terminal react to changes ?
15:21:01 <vineetreynolds> maxandersen, for now it doesnt react to size changes
15:21:05 <maxandersen> somehow the text terminal can tell aesh…why can't we ?
15:21:08 <vineetreynolds> That would also need to be factored in
15:21:21 <lincolnthree> ok. we need to move to next topic so agoncal can go to his other meeting
15:21:22 <maxandersen> vineetreynolds: oh so normal text terminal is screwed too ?
15:21:26 <lincolnthree> we can pick on on specifics of this issue later
15:21:29 <lincolnthree> #nexttopic
15:21:29 <jbott> #topic Conference Updates (JavaOne and Devoxx BE)
15:21:32 <vineetreynolds> maxandersen, well, we rely on a pre-exsting terminal supplied by Aesh - POSIXTerminal
15:21:35 <lincolnthree> agoncal: go for it
15:21:36 <gastaldi> POSIXTerminal uses stty to get info, we might need to change that
15:21:40 <vineetreynolds> It accepts terminal properties
15:21:42 <vineetreynolds> yeas
15:21:44 <lincolnthree> ok guys, next topic
15:21:44 <vineetreynolds> thats why
15:21:49 <lincolnthree> sorry to squelch
15:21:52 <vineetreynolds> cool, go ahead
15:22:10 <lincolnthree> we will revisit this after the meeting
15:22:31 <lincolnthree> #info We currently have not started any conference material for JavaOne or Devoxx BE
15:22:40 <gastaldi> last time I checked, we had 53 attendees to the BoF (Fast Developing CRUD apps with JavaEE7)  and 11 atendees to the Session (Take back your IDE with Forge)
15:23:14 <lincolnthree> I plan on starting content creation for J1 in the next few weeks
15:23:21 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: interesting, i never pick good topic titles
15:23:28 <gastaldi> same, I was planning to do it next week
15:23:46 <lincolnthree> agoncal: what's your status?
15:23:52 <gastaldi> I am a bit afraid that about the expectations on the BoF :P
15:24:01 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: don't worry about it :)
15:24:05 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: it's whatever we want
15:24:10 <gastaldi> lol, ok
15:25:17 <gastaldi> we can schedule a hangout next week to discuss what we should present in these talks
15:25:38 <gastaldi> and I need to run it on Weblogic as well :P
15:26:25 <gastaldi> lucky I have a friend that is already using Forge on Weblogic, so at least I know it works ;)
15:26:52 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: yeah we can work on this together
15:27:01 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: ok. i guess agoncal is gone
15:27:06 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: moving on
15:27:19 <lincolnthree> #info we will work on content creation next week via hangout
15:27:21 <lincolnthree> #nexttopic
15:27:21 <jbott> #topic Website Status
15:27:31 <lincolnthree> As I mentioned earlier
15:27:42 <lincolnthree> #info We are currently waiting for Erin to come back with the updated designs
15:27:52 <lincolnthree> #info I would like to have at least the front splash page implemented by JavaOne
15:27:59 <lincolnthree> #nexttopic
15:27:59 <jbott> No next topic. Use #addtopic to add topics.
15:27:59 <gastaldi> +1
15:28:03 <lincolnthree> #endmeeting