14:03:21 <lincolnthree> #startmeeting
14:03:21 <jbott> Meeting started Tue Mar 10 14:03:21 2015 UTC.  The chair is lincolnthree. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:03:21 <jbott> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:03:22 <jbossbot> Title:3 MeetBot - Debian Wiki
14:03:31 <lincolnthree> #chair gastaldi koentsje vineetreynolds
14:03:31 <jbott> Current chairs: gastaldi koentsje lincolnthree vineetreynolds
14:03:36 <lincolnthree> #topic Agenda
14:03:42 <lincolnthree> #addtopic Status Reports
14:03:46 <lincolnthree> #addtopic Website Status
14:04:20 <lincolnthree> other topics?
14:06:15 <koentsje> nothing from me actually
14:06:54 <lincolnthree> ok.
14:06:56 <lincolnthree> #nexttopic
14:06:56 <jbott> #topic Status Reports
14:07:19 <lincolnthree> #info I've refactored the Furnace test harness to introduce the AddonArchive and @AddonDeployments features
14:07:24 <agoncal> Meeting time ?
14:07:49 <lincolnthree> #info it's now possible to use @AddonDependencies to automatically add dependencies to the AddonArchive, without needing to duplicate the information in the @Deployment method itself
14:08:07 <lincolnthree> #info You can also control import/export of the dependencies from the @AddonDependency or @AddonDeployment annotations.
14:08:30 <lincolnthree> #info This was released in 2.15.0 and 2.15.1 (there was a bug)
14:08:45 <agoncal> lincolnthree Oh, so my tutorial is not up to date then :o(
14:08:47 <gastaldi> well, Furnace 2.15.1, Forge was not released yet
14:08:55 <gastaldi> I should probably release it
14:09:00 <lincolnthree> #info I also spent a good amount of time reviewing latest changes to the website, and I'm going to meet with the designer this week to discuss remaining issues
14:09:21 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: ah yea probably to get into the JBDS
14:09:39 <gastaldi> #info Forge 2.15.1.Final will be released today
14:10:01 <lincolnthree> #info I also implemented an AddonLoadingStrategy policy with gastaldi that allows you to control what versions of addons may or may not be loaded by Furnace
14:10:07 <lincolnthree> #info that's all from me
14:10:56 <gastaldi> #info Issues related to the Furnace container should now go into https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FURNACE
14:11:14 <gastaldi> #info I'll move the open issues associated with Furnace over there
14:11:48 <gastaldi> #info Furnace has now a separate JIRA project because it has it's own release cycle
14:13:06 <gastaldi> I think that would be all from me
14:13:42 <agoncal> #info Finished writing Tutorial on creating a new Java EE Command (needs to be reviewed)
14:14:01 <lincolnthree> agoncal: have folks from the community made good on their offers to review? I saw we got some good responses
14:14:19 <agoncal> #info Started working on the second Tutorial about creating a new Java EE command that updates code
14:14:41 <agoncal> lincolnthree Yes, 4/5 guys have started reading through
14:14:44 <lincolnthree> awesome!
14:16:22 <jbossbot> git [12core] push 10master7 61a5a4f.. 6George Gastaldi [maven-release-plugin] prepare release 2.15.1.Final
14:16:22 <jbossbot> git [12core] push 10master URL: http://github.com/forge/core/commit/61a5a4ffd
14:16:24 <jbossbot> git [12core] push 102.15.1.Final URL: http://github.com/forge/core/compare/0000000...08aec04
14:16:28 <jbossbot> git [12core] push 10master7 adb0765.. 6George Gastaldi [maven-release-plugin] prepare for next development iteration
14:16:28 <jbossbot> git [12core] push 10master URL: http://github.com/forge/core/commit/adb0765aa
14:17:00 <lincolnthree> ok. koentsje, vineetreynolds ? status reports?
14:17:25 <lincolnthree> koentsje: how are the select component issues in OSX coming?
14:17:34 <lincolnthree> koentsje: and the angular JS color issues?
14:18:13 <koentsje> lincolnthree: i haven’t looked at those issues yet actually, i will schedule them for this week
14:18:22 <lincolnthree> koentsje: great, thank you
14:18:48 <lincolnthree> will check back with you next week :)
14:19:33 <vineetreynolds> Well I havent worked on Forge in the past week, but in a tangential area.
14:19:55 <vineetreynolds> I can confirm there is some scope for automating docker builds through Forge
14:20:08 <vineetreynolds> There is some work to be done on other projects like EAP/WildFly as well
14:20:22 <vineetreynolds> I have some details ready. I'll share it with you
14:20:49 <vineetreynolds> Did I make sense?
14:21:20 <lincolnthree> vineetreynolds: you have some details on how forge could be useful for docker / eap/ wildfly
14:21:23 <lincolnthree> vineetreynolds: makes sense to me :)
14:24:49 <lincolnthree> vineetreynolds: would you like to discuss that today in a topioc?
14:24:51 <lincolnthree> topic
14:25:11 <vineetreynolds> lincolnthree, No, probably next week
14:25:28 <vineetreynolds> Lets discuss it internally first
14:25:35 <vineetreynolds> Will share the doc today
14:26:35 <vineetreynolds> lincolnthree, In fact some of it was discussed last meeting
14:26:55 <vineetreynolds> We need to formalise whether to do it at all
14:27:10 <lincolnthree> ok
14:27:22 <lincolnthree> shoot us an email :)
14:27:25 <lincolnthree> #nexttopic
14:27:25 <jbott> #topic Website Status
14:27:51 <lincolnthree> #info I did the second review with the designer and found a lot of new issues with the site, so… sent it back for more fixes. Going to meet with him later this week to review and make sure it all gets fixed.
14:27:59 <lincolnthree> that's all for that atm
14:28:11 <gastaldi> lincolnthree, is Jim coding the website as well? like, can we just "plug-in" the server-side part?
14:28:50 <gastaldi> or should we worry about rewriting the website using some framework?
14:28:55 <gastaldi> this is unclear to me
14:28:56 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: he is not coding the website
14:29:02 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: he is implementing the HTML and CSS
14:29:06 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: we will need to implement it
14:29:27 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: aside from the limited JS that it will use for clickable elements like menus
14:29:29 <gastaldi> right, the reason I asked this is because I saw some JS pushed yesterday to the website
14:29:31 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: that is all client side though
14:29:32 <gastaldi> right
14:29:33 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: of course
14:29:42 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: all sites use JS now on the client side pretty much :0
14:31:06 <gastaldi> It may probably be a bit late now, but it would be nice if he could code all the client side
14:31:26 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: code all what client side?
14:31:26 <gastaldi> so we could just add some REST services and minimize our work
14:31:32 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: you mean use angular or something?
14:31:44 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: he's not the right person to do that afaik.
14:31:45 <gastaldi> like, from a JSON array, render something, not really using Angular
14:31:56 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: i guess he could do that.
14:32:09 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: but why is that easier than just doing it using JSF templating?
14:32:14 <gastaldi> I really don't care if we use a framework
14:32:23 <gastaldi> JSF? really? :P
14:32:28 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: yes, it works, and it works well
14:32:37 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: we could use Errai, I don't care
14:32:41 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: errai is super easy
14:32:52 * gastaldi slaps lincolnthree around with a large trout :)
14:33:06 <lincolnthree> *holds up a mirror*
14:33:21 <vineetreynolds> Errai?
14:33:40 <vineetreynolds> Is that still alive?
14:34:26 <lincolnthree> vineetreynolds: a lot of people use it (outside red hat)
14:34:52 <lincolnthree> vineetreynolds: this was created using Errai - http://bombermine.clay.io/game/bombermine
14:34:52 <gastaldi> I was thinking that since he is using JQuery to do nice stuff, maybe he could do the dynamic part of the website, from a JSON array and we could replace that with our service later
14:34:56 <jbossbot> Title:3 Game of Bombs - Clay Games Mobile HTML5
14:35:14 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: I don't think that will be much simpler
14:35:45 <gastaldi> hah, bomberman
14:35:47 <gastaldi> awesome
14:39:17 <lincolnthree> ok.
14:39:19 <lincolnthree> #nexttopic
14:39:19 <jbott> No next topic. Use #addtopic to add topics.
14:39:21 <lincolnthree> alright.
14:39:27 <lincolnthree> thanks everyone, unless there are more topics!
14:39:37 <gastaldi> no more topics here
14:39:53 <gastaldi> except that Forge 2.15.1.Final is now out
14:40:07 <lincolnthree> #info Forge 2.15.1.Final is released!
14:40:15 <agoncal> gastaldi What's in this version ?
14:40:23 <gastaldi> https://issues.jboss.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311820&version=12326733
14:40:38 <lincolnthree> #info https://issues.jboss.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311820&version=12326733
14:40:41 <lincolnthree> #endmeeting