14:03:42 <gastaldi> #startmeeting
14:03:42 <jbott> Meeting started Tue Jun  9 14:03:42 2015 UTC.  The chair is gastaldi. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:03:42 <jbott> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:03:43 <jbossbot> Title:3 MeetBot - Debian Wiki
14:03:52 <gastaldi> #chair agoncal koentsje
14:03:52 <jbott> Current chairs: agoncal gastaldi koentsje
14:04:16 <gastaldi> #chair lincolnthree
14:04:16 <jbott> Current chairs: agoncal gastaldi koentsje lincolnthree
14:04:23 <lincolnthree> Good morning :)
14:04:25 <lincolnthree> Sorry I am late!
14:04:34 <agoncal> lincolnthree Happy birthday !!!
14:04:36 <gastaldi> hey lincolnthree Good morning, I just started the meeting
14:04:36 <lincolnthree> I just arrived at "the office"
14:04:38 <lincolnthree> thank you agoncal :)
14:04:46 <agoncal> lincolnthree How old ? 24 ?
14:04:49 <lincolnthree> 31
14:04:55 <agoncal> ;o)
14:05:17 <gastaldi> #addtopic Status updates
14:05:20 <gastaldi> #addtopic Website
14:05:31 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: no other topics fromme
14:05:34 <gastaldi> #addtopic Priorities
14:05:34 <lincolnthree> from me
14:05:41 <gastaldi> agoncal, any topics?
14:06:13 <gastaldi> let's get started and then we can add more topics if needed
14:06:15 <agoncal> gastaldi Long short/medium vision on stacks ? (sorry to insist ;o)
14:06:21 <lincolnthree> agoncal: hehe no problem
14:06:30 <gastaldi> #addtopic Long short/medium vision on stacks
14:06:31 <gastaldi> thank you
14:06:57 <gastaldi> #nexttopic
14:06:57 <jbott> #topic Status updates
14:07:36 <lincolnthree> wooo!
14:07:55 <gastaldi> #info I worked the whole last week in the website. Yesterday I fixed some Forge bugs and some JBT bugs requested by the Camel team
14:07:55 <lincolnthree> #info No real updates from me. I've been working on windup beacuse the business goes crazy every time someone mentions it.
14:08:01 <gastaldi> lol
14:08:12 <lincolnthree> #info But I have been fixing a few furnace bugs with version resolution that we discovered.
14:08:35 <gastaldi> yeap, commits don't lie :)
14:09:07 <agoncal> #info Been preparing my Forge Tools in Action for tomorow (BreizCamp conference) and my Forge Talk for next week (DevoxxUK)
14:11:26 <gastaldi> awesome, I still have to work  in this for Devnation
14:11:31 <gastaldi> need to find time first
14:11:58 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: yeah. what are you focusing on atm? website?
14:12:14 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: i found some bugs on the mobile version btw :/
14:12:20 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: the footer overlaps the content on my phone
14:12:26 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: and then it stays there when you scroll down
14:13:03 <stalep> gastaldi should focus on my commit and fix whatever i messed up! :)
14:14:23 <gastaldi> lincolnthree, yeah, I was planning on focusing on the website this week. I'll have a look at these issues too
14:14:35 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: i'll open an issue in github for it
14:14:54 <gastaldi> yes please
14:16:21 <gastaldi> and stalep's commit too
14:17:25 <jbossbot> git issue opened [12website] (7open) 6lincolnthree Footer dramatically overlaps page content on mobile browsers11 https://github.com/forge/website/issues/13
14:18:50 <gastaldi> thank you
14:19:15 <gastaldi> #nexttopic
14:19:15 <jbott> #topic Website
14:21:16 <lincolnthree> #info I found a few bugs on mobile, and I'm working on submitting issues for it.
14:21:34 <agoncal> Any idea on when the website will be ready ?
14:21:56 <agoncal> I would love to show it during DevoxxUK (Conference Driven Developement)
14:22:26 <gastaldi> #info the website is 80% functional. Some features unfortunately won't be ready before summit
14:23:08 <agoncal> What features are missing ? Is the content ready ?
14:23:27 <gastaldi> yes, the content is ready
14:23:44 <gastaldi> the current state lies in http://websitedev-forge.rhcloud.com/
14:23:44 <jbossbot> Title:3 JBoss Forge
14:24:04 <lincolnthree> agoncal: there are a few layout bugs and such, but we are almost there.
14:24:18 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: tbh, I think we could go live with this version. there is however a problem with images in the hands on lab as well
14:24:25 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: the image passthrough isn't working
14:24:26 <gastaldi> oh
14:24:32 <lincolnthree> gastaldi: you have to redirect to redoculous
14:25:10 <agoncal> Hey guys, my picture is not the "Join us in making it Great." you can't publish it like this ;o)
14:25:21 <gastaldi> agoncal, lol, it's random
14:25:26 <agoncal> lol
14:25:50 <agoncal> But really, what's missing ? It looks ok like this. What features are missing then ?
14:25:53 <gastaldi> agoncal, keep refreshing, you'll see your photo there :)
14:26:52 <gastaldi> well, the documentation section breadcrumbs and the i18n support is what's missing
14:27:19 <agoncal> Ok... but the content is 100% there, isn't it ?
14:27:23 <gastaldi> yes
14:27:27 <agoncal> (looks really nice BTW)
14:27:40 <gastaldi> yes, I think so too, and faster
14:27:51 <gastaldi> NodeJS + AngularJS FTW! :)
14:28:54 <gastaldi> lincolnthree, please add a Github issue with the redoculous images
14:30:26 <gastaldi> s/with/regarding the
14:30:51 <gastaldi> agoncal, the search feature is the killer one. It's very fast
14:32:02 <gastaldi> #nexttopic
14:32:02 <jbott> #topic Priorities
14:32:13 <gastaldi> #info Website is still priority #1
14:32:36 <gastaldi> #info Next Forge release is 2.16.2.Final in June 15th
14:32:46 <gastaldi> we should release a Furnace version before that
14:32:58 <agoncal> Just before DevoxxUK... Yes !!!
14:33:57 <gastaldi> #info I fixed some issues with the IntellIJ plugin too
14:34:29 <gastaldi> #info and the Netbeans one
14:34:46 <gastaldi> wow, looks like I worked like crazy the past week :)
14:35:47 <gastaldi> not sure if all of you agree, but yesterday I mentioned that we should have an "Adopt an Addon" program
14:36:36 <gastaldi> the program consists of JUGs enhancing/hacking/fixing issues specific to a chosen Addon
14:36:49 <gastaldi> does that make sense?
14:37:14 <gastaldi> this is just an idea, nothing concrete btw
14:37:43 <lincolnthree> i think that's a good idea
14:37:44 <lincolnthree> actually
14:38:16 <gastaldi> now that's the part where we stole Duke and replace it with an A for Addon :)
14:38:29 <gastaldi> s/stole/steal
14:38:39 <lincolnthree> hah!
14:38:54 <gastaldi> https://java.net/attachments/wiki_images/adoptajsr/duke_needs_you.jpg
14:40:15 <agoncal> gastaldi Og, BTW, I tried the Intellij Idea plugin... nice... but slow ;o)
14:40:24 <gastaldi> agoncal, the startup time you mean?
14:40:30 <gastaldi> or in general?
14:41:01 <agoncal> gastaldi kind of startup time (each time I use a new command, the 1st time is slow)
14:41:23 <gastaldi> yeah, that happens in the Netbeans plugin too
14:41:42 <gastaldi> it happens in Eclipse too, but the progress bar makes you think it does not :)
14:42:15 <agoncal> Clever Eclipse ;o)
14:42:57 <gastaldi> It's on my todo list. I will profile that and fix for good
14:44:35 <gastaldi> #info gastaldi suggested an "Adopt an Add-on" program, where JUGs could enhance/hack/fix issues specific to a chosen Add-on
14:44:57 <gastaldi> #info yes, the previous idea was copied from "Adopt a JSR" :)
14:45:19 <agoncal> Love the idea !!!
14:46:18 <gastaldi> maybe ivan could help spread the idea out
14:46:51 <gastaldi> we'll develop more about it
14:46:58 <gastaldi> before launching
14:48:15 <gastaldi> #nexttopic
14:48:15 <jbott> #topic Long short/medium vision on stacks
14:48:26 <agoncal> Yes guys, sorry to bring that back ;o)
14:48:52 <agoncal> Java EE 7 is 2 years old... Java EE 8 is on the way (well, long way), microservices (with Swarm)...
14:49:11 <gastaldi> np, this is something we always wanted but we couldn't find a proper way to implement it
14:49:31 <agoncal> I think it's important to go "well, let's use Forge to create a xxxx project"  (xxx being Java EE 6 / 7 / ...
14:49:36 <gastaldi> the closest we have are the JavaEEFacet implementations
14:49:45 <gastaldi> JavaEE7Facet, JavaEE6Facet
14:50:25 <gastaldi> installing it adds the necessary deps and activates the right facets (CDI1_1Facet, JPA2_0Facet. etc)
14:50:49 <agoncal> Is it enough ?
14:51:13 <gastaldi> we could enhance by not displaying those in the wizards
14:51:17 <gastaldi> like JPA Version
14:51:18 <agoncal> If yes, we can start creating the missing Facets, annotating commands... and see what's missing
14:51:55 <agoncal> The question really, is, when could we start working on the topic (or, is it a priority) ?
14:52:11 <gastaldi> I've always thought of it as a priority task
14:52:54 <gastaldi> but haven't figured out a smart way to implement it
14:52:57 <gastaldi> yet
14:53:24 <gastaldi> probably also because there are other higher priority tasks atm
14:53:45 <agoncal> Shall we start creating subtasks on FORGE-2316
14:53:46 <jbossbot> jira [3FORGE-2316] Brainstorming on introducing "Stacks" [10Open (Unresolved) Task,7 Major,6 Unassigned] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-2316
14:54:03 <gastaldi> I think so, once we figure out the strategy to take
14:54:37 <gastaldi> we had an idea of using the JBoss stacks for this
14:54:43 <agoncal> Step 1 creating the missing facets maybe ?
14:54:52 <gastaldi> https://github.com/jboss-developer/jboss-stacks
14:55:05 <gastaldi> agoncal, that works, but which facets are you talking about?
14:55:36 <agoncal> JPA 2.0, 2.1, EJB 3.0, 3.1, Servlet 3.0, 3.1......
14:55:53 <lincolnthree> i think we have those?
14:55:58 <gastaldi> I think so too
14:56:27 <gastaldi> we have EJB 3.2 also
14:56:39 <agoncal> None missing ? I can have a look if you want
14:56:56 <gastaldi> sure, that would be nice
14:58:07 <jbossbot> new jira [3FORGE-2353] Check if we have all the needed Facets for Java EE 6 and Java EE 7 projects [10Open (Unresolved) Sub-task,7 Major,6 Antonio Goncalves] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-2353
14:58:12 <agoncal> Done
14:58:56 <gastaldi> thanks
15:02:19 <gastaldi> anything else?
15:02:35 <lincolnthree> no
15:02:40 <lincolnthree> I think that's all.
15:03:03 <gastaldi> fantastic
15:03:05 <gastaldi> #nexttopic
15:03:05 <jbott> No next topic. Use #addtopic to add topics.
15:03:12 <gastaldi> #endmeeting